Monday, March 30, 2009

Wishful Thinking.

I wish one day
That someone would be happy to see me
they didn't know me beforehad
Or knew of me
They'd smile & lightly shake my hand
We'd sit in a cafe & tell stories
Laugh at one another in between sips
And from those sips our lips would be wet
And from forth they'd speak some craziness
and that someone would understand it
And not tell me its corny, or that I'm crazy
Or shake their head
Hopefully that someone would agree or smirk
and say they know what I meant

I wish one day
Those who knew me forgot
Couldn't remember me from any other face
Couldn't hear my laugh or notice my smile
Distinguish the Z in my name from an S
that they are used to
It would be nice to if when I walked into a room
All heads looked down
Like saying a prayer
And I'd close my eyes
and when opened, they were gone
Or either it was me who disappeared
Lost in some memory of theirs
and only appeared when they heard a familiar laugh
or saw a familiar smile
Which caused them to laugh to themselves
or smile at something that wasn't looking back at them
Realizing that they are the ones who are crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment