Wednesday, April 29, 2009

If All the World's A Stage...then IDK.

I have not found inspiration in writing on here in such a long time. No time to get my thoughts together, to formulate some kind of concoction to put the right words together to form a perfect thought, perfect enough to hold your interest. Everytime I think I've got something good, I hit the backspace key and shut this computer down. In my fault of being a perfectionist, or lack of perfection, the most compelling combinations of thoughts and words, lyrics and rhythms are lost in my head, floating amongst question marks, what-if's, and are-they-gonna-like it's....Frankly I do not care, but in seeing myself as an artist, we all must perform for our audiences, and goddamnit, it better be the performance of a lifetime. In saying this, I am lost on my way walking to the stage, the audience waiting on my big show. I am unprepared, I do not know my lines, and my lighting is off. Sweaty palms rub together in front of me as I stand behind the red velvet curtain. This is how I feel when I am before an empty screen, that bar flashing like an UNDER CONSTRUCTION sign on the highway. Yea, these thoughts of mine are definitely under construction. Or deconstruction. Even as I write this, I don't know what to say next. I don't know what to think about. I don't know what you want to read. Ugh, man, IDK.

No comments:

Post a Comment