Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photography Midterm Pt. I: Empire







These were my first photos ever using a SLR. The focus of the class of course was a beginner's Black & White course. Sorry they are so dark, Dell's aren't really that poppin' for editing purposes[lol].
So my "idea" derived from my love for Greek & Roman art. Whether sculpture, painting, writing, etc., they pretty much were a quintessential example of a great artistic movement. I had taken many advanced drawing classes, which the focus is always on Greek & Roman sculptures depicting very statuesque men & women. Visiting The Met almost twice a week, I found myself to always be roaming the Greek & Roman Art wing, examining the intricately carved statues, that I swear are so realistic, probably come to life when we are all asleep. So, I took all the aspects from my other art classes and found that much of New York City's architecture is reminiscent of Greek & Roman architecture. A very boring and common theme for photography, but I'd thought it'd be a pretty reasonable task for me to handle for my first shot at photography.

*More photos in the next post.*



No comments:

Post a Comment