Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kas vs. Keenan

Here is another poem done by my pal Kas (Quintessential Kas is the blogname). He's really a dope writer. So here it goes. . .


Hand on my chest but I can't feel a pulse
If guilt was tranparent, I'd be looking ghost
Mostly I suppose
My feelings on the road
Driving slow on the interstate anywhere away from home
If butterflies fluttering represent nervousness
Then what I got inside of me must be a birds nest
Breaking all hearts no apologies
Saying I love you is just a pet peeve
I only tell lies, what were you expecting
Heart on my arm but I wear a thick sleeve
I'm not leading you on, I just entertain
I tell you what you want to hear no thing else to explain
Taking steps with me is like taking steps in flames
Somebody should've warned you its self-inflicted pain
If everything I wanted was right before my eyes
and lookes into the sky and god winked his eyes
No matter how hard I try
With you right by my side
I can't recognize forever when its wearing a disguise
I'm the author of every page but you can't read my book
Took a second to relax plus multiple second looks
All decisions made with precision
Live and let die
But I rather be living
This cliff is steep and my rivers run deep
I play the games yall playing but I play the shit for keeps
It's your court and ball bouncing off the walls
When it all comes around and that wall fall downs
You gone have to dig alot 'til the foundation found
That's why the base that we building has to be sound
If you lookin for perfection this my confession
Kas a heartbreaker hope you learned your lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment