Sunday, August 2, 2009

Untitled.

My mother said I need to live within my means
But I'm constantly stuck floating within my dreams
I'm never in between
There is no such thing as a gray scale
It's either do bad or live well
Have the ability to buy and never sell
To keep a dollar in my pocket
I just wanna be the reason the stock market rocket
Why I'm looking so good and everybody wanna mock it
See, I want my mom to be proud but not just off my grades
But because she can finally rest off whatever I make from my raise
Instead of getting delayed, I'm steadily getting paid
Ringing bells for the maid
So anything she desires is already made
Nocturnal living, nighttime our eyes open, long slumbers in the day
Anticipating the night again when I'm back to getting paid to play
And when I wake up, he's never there to stay
I say "I don't care" but I feel empty when there's no one there to lay
With me, just that one person which is mine
which is okay
Til that night when I go out and it's a different him the next day
So I just roll outta bed and on my knees to pray
For forgiveness I just hope God listens to what I have to say
But he probably won't because I only come to him to excuse my bad ways
And tell him it's the life that I dreamed of but never thought it'd come true
When I didn't have nothing but all I had was You
But He got lost in my entourage
The third party in my menage
With fame and fortune too
Til they all became one body and my vision became confused
But now I live as an artist, painting without a muse
Everything I wanted is paid for but I still got a balance left on my dues
Because I refuse to work when the one in front of me didn't do sh*t
My vocabulary is so immense but I never learned the word quit
And once I'm down from my high
No longer living in the sky
Floating between what I want and what I need
Falling back to my reality at an alarming speed
I'm back to where I was destined to be
The girl who wants it all but stuck living within her means

1 comment: